Sunday, November 4, 2012

So Thankful




I feel in my heart that this needs to be a day of thanksgiving. It's been a stormy week. We've all felt some impact fromHurricane Sandy as she roared along the East coast, pounding out her fury, causing pain, destruction, outages and lost homes, but I'm thankful?!?!? You might think I say this a bit selfishly because we here in Maine were spared the brunt, but here's a little list of things that Sandy gave me to be thankful for- 



!. Hearing from friends that were in the direct path of the storm are safe. And you know what, most say that they're thankful! As the power is being turned on light by light, one (Tara lazar) is excited about doing laundry. Imagine! Others are excited about just going home. While others are pleased that they can offer what they have to their neighbors.
2. I never talk politics or about politicians on my blog, and I don't discuss who I might vote for. I don't slam, ridicule or make fun or disrespect any (sometimes I think things and want to shout out at someone else's blog) but I was so thankful to see Governor Christie and President Obama join forces to assess the damages and do what was right for the people of  NJ. 'nuff said

3. I'm thankful to be part of this community of children's writers. We have heart.  
Kate Messner  has a fund raiser going that has lots and lots of great items to bid on...the figures are going up by the minute. I've copied the list here, but please go over to there to find out all about the auction. Doesn't this lit look exciting!

1. Manuscript Critique with Caroline Abbey of Bloomsbury
30A  (I apparently like the number 30 and used it twice.) Release Day Launch Package for your YA/MG Book from InkSlinger PR
Now that you've read Kate's list of prizes, let me say that I'm thinking of you, praying for you, and thankful for all of you. Take care and stay strong.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Mona! Thank you for the reminder about the action. I'm glad that you escaped the wrath of Sandy....truly Frankenstorm.

    ReplyDelete