Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day

     Ever you ever "hung" a May Basket, or been the recipient of one (or more!)? My daughter and I hang them on the "kids" every year. This year was no exception.(velvet beret for T and teal bow tie for C-roll of quarters for each) No running match anymore. they catch us quick!
   Last year a few neighbors and I thought it would be  nice to go to a few of the shut-ins neighbors. We almost left to the wayside until this morning, but we couldn't not do it. So between us, we hurried and  cooked brownies, peanut butter cookies, molasses cookies. We tucked in packets of tea, daffodils and a bit of tissue, tied with curl ribbon. The brown paper bags looked pretty good to the ladies around town who remember the tradition. It didn't take a lot of effort, and I feel good!
      If you don't know the tradition, it's fill a basket with candy or flowers,  "hang" it on someone's doorstep, holler "May Basket" and the recipient has to chase the givers, then give a kiss when they catch them. We got "caught" and kissed and sooooo glad we did this last minute thing. You know what, there's still time for you to play on May Day.
      On Friday night, some of the Zumba girls participated in the local "Dancing with the Stars" Of course, you know I did!  On the way there though, I wondered what I was doing!!!!  Here's our "crew" waiting to go on stage...I'm still shaking my head thinking, "what was I thinking!"

     Turn the page on that... and turn another. And speaking of turning the page, I've been so busy tweaking and retweaking a little 500 word PB per suggestions from one of the professional critiquers at our conference. I'm placing words so the reader will want to turn the page and each word, each sentence has meaning. 500 simple words-how can it be so tough!?!?!?! One of the 'rules' is to set your manuscript aside and let it rest, but that's hard when it's all you can think about. I've got to though...let it rest, let it rest, let it rest...(for a minute anyway)

      I've let things rest enough...just wanted to pop in wish everyone a Happy May Day.
       Be Happy and make someone else happy too.

   


   

   
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment